Do you enjoy the thrill of the chase, hunting for new business and scheduling sales meetings for senior leadership? Are you comfortable proactively reaching out to targeted prospects or working a room at a networking event? This sales position offers career advancement in a technology driven market with high growth opportunities. We are looking for business-to-business sales professionals that thrive in a high energy, fast paced, results oriented environment.
Business Development Associate
Title: Business Development Associate
Reports to: VP of Sales
The primary responsibility of the Business Development Associate is to schedule meetings with qualified prospects for the Sales Leadership Team and execute weekly activities designed to reach established goals. The intention and goal for this position is to develop the necessary knowledge and skills to subsequently advance into a senior sales role with a six-figure compensation plan.
- Follow-up, qualify, and execute nurturing strategy for all inbound leads
- Maintain and build qualified database with guidance from sales leadership team inclusive of leads generated from database tools, inbound marketing, digital advertising, speaking events, trade shows, partner lists, etc.
- Execute outbound strategy developed by sales leadership team
- Manage and document all sales activity in Salesforce.com
- Schedule discovery meetings with qualified prospects for sales leadership team
- Continuously analyze campaign metrics and implement adjustments to enhance performance
- Meet/exceed established KPIs (key performance indicators) established by the VP of Sales
Required Skills and Behavior:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to quickly assess and understand clients’ business, sales, and marketing objectives and suggest solutions that offer a positive outcome
- Highly motivated to exceed goals, self-starter, strong work ethic, high energy and positive attitude
- Regularly exercises leadership skills and has a sense of urgency in the performance of responsibilities
- Ability to manage and execute multiple touch point phone and email campaigns
- Minimum of two years successful sales experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
Desirable, but Not Required Skills:
- In-depth knowledge of digital marketing strategies
- Experience selling and/or managing marketing programs in the manufacturing sector